Trail submitted by James Kirby
This is only a link trail but is fun, that is why I have mentioned it on here! If you are in this area then this makes for a great addition to any route!
Off-road, Single Track in places, with some technical bits!
Find Knipe Fold on a map or use Streetmap.co.uk.
- When you are at Knipe Fold, you need to go on to the bridleway to the north east.;
- Once you have gone up the trail for 3/4 km, there will be a gate on the RIGHT, which goes into a wooded area.
- When you are though the woods there is another gate, you can now ride 1 3/4 km of single track, until you get to the A593.
- All you have to do is turn right, which takes you down a nice fast hill, to Skelwith Bridge.
- Unless you are wanting to continue your ride then I can suggest another great trail in this area...
- Details of this extra trail will follow in the coming weeks. I need to verify the location of the bridleway first! (Jan 12th 07)
Small Print: No author nor the editor shall bear any responsibility for any mishap, injury, death or other incident or inconvenience suffered whilst riding any of the routes described. Anybody following any such route does so entirely at their own risk. Anybody wishing to ride on footpaths or other non-permitted routes does so entirely by their own risk.